Sunday, March 8, 2009

International Women's Day


I found the website for International Women's Day to be pretty informative.

My stepfather always described himself as "a proud male chauvanist", and he was, although he certainly respected my mother's work outside the home and was proud of how well she did her job as a branch manager of a bank. I think of him today because it was his birthday. He truly believed in reincarnation. Whatever happens after we pass on, I pray his soul is in a good place.

Anyway, he didn't really like his birthday being called International Women's Day...we teased him a bit about that one, I have to admit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I've travelled the distance from an Ivy League college to decades of enforced poverty--because I've needed to qualify for government health care in the U.S., since being diagnosed with lupus at the age of 23. I have a personal blog at http://beepbeep.livejournal.com that I've had so long I'm probably stuck with :) My other blogs are here on blogger...