Friday, January 23, 2009

Rules Broken

I've been paying bills and running between cities to doctors and counting my carbs and keeping my blood sugar diary and poking holes all over my fingers and haven't had any fun at all.  Tonight D. suggested I finally watch the movie I'd got from Netflix two months ago.  I said I couldn't because it would have me awake till 2:30 am and he said "So?"  

So I watched it!  An unabashedly "chick flick" on my laptop!  "Sex and the City."  I laughed; I cried; I missed the east coast.  I imagined one of many possible heavens:  being able to live in New York City with lots and lots of money.  What a lot of people don't know about me is that the hideous way I dress myself has more to do with poverty and medication side effects and allergies and all kinds of medical symptoms you really don't want to hear about than with taste.  I peoplewatch and dress people up in their head (and make them look A LOT BETTER, I might add.)   So even if I reincarnated into my brilliant career and subsequent $$$ bank account in NYC with a face like a troll, I would be ok, because I WOULD know how to look good anyway!  Ha!  :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I've travelled the distance from an Ivy League college to decades of enforced poverty--because I've needed to qualify for government health care in the U.S., since being diagnosed with lupus at the age of 23. I have a personal blog at http://beepbeep.livejournal.com that I've had so long I'm probably stuck with :) My other blogs are here on blogger...