Saturday, June 20, 2009

Iran's Government Has Restricted The Flow Of News But Protests Continue


The Iranian government has restricted the flow of news but protests continue to date against the election results which are widely viewed to have been falsely reported. I'm following on Twitter, #IranElection , and also at the Huffington Post.

People all over the world have been using green icons and avatars to show support of the protesters who are fighting for their voices to be heard.

The government crackdown on the protesters has been violent and deaths have been reported.

My prayers are with the Iranian people today.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I've travelled the distance from an Ivy League college to decades of enforced poverty--because I've needed to qualify for government health care in the U.S., since being diagnosed with lupus at the age of 23. I have a personal blog at http://beepbeep.livejournal.com that I've had so long I'm probably stuck with :) My other blogs are here on blogger...